Fishman University was developed as an umbrella idea to house such projects as internal training, customer training, selling tools, and other industry-specific educational tools. I was the co-founder of the Fishman University committee in the infancy stages and took the responsibility for development, execution, and implementation.
Fishman University was quickly adopted by the Outside Sales Teams as a sales enablement tool, and by the Inside Sales and Human Resources teams as a training tool for on-boarding and continual education. We received countless success stories and testimonials from Field Reps who use Fishman University’s Playbook regularly to answer customer questions quicker and improve sales presentation skills.
I developed and built the entire website, generated all the graphics, created the support videos, and developed the copy throughout ‘The Playbook.’ The format and templates I created are still being used today.
The Fishman Playbook
After laying out the groundwork of what Fishman University would encompass, we developed Phase 1 – ‘The Fishman Playbook.’ The Playbook is a behavior-based selling tool that shifts the perspective of selling into 6 major categories:
- Motivation – a unique power statement that sets your product apart from the rest
- Efficiency – attributes of your product that bring ease, speed, or other advantages to your customer
- Safety – the features of your product that offer or encourage safety in an applicable capacity
- Environment – how your product contributes to sustainability
- Return On Investment – the way in which your product can save the customer money in the long run
- Revenue Generator – how your product can be considered an investment by the consumer
Our aim was to take the focus off of the features & benefits of a product, and shift the selling process to a manner of asking the right questions, analyzing their needs and desires, and then providing a solution by means of a valued product. Knowing the specifications of your customers’ needs will narrow your offerings to a tight selection. Now’s the time to beat the competition!
The features & benefits of your products can be viewed on any technical sales sheet. We developed The Fishman Playbook to dissect products through power statements followed by probing questions. This turns a direct presentation into a personal conversion.