Fishman University was developed as an umbrella idea to house such projects as internal training, customer training, selling tools, and other industry-specific educational tools. I was the co-founder of the Fishman University committee in the infancy stages and took the responsibility for development, execution, and implementation.
Fishman University was quickly adopted by the Outside Sales Teams as a sales enablement tool, and by the Inside Sales and Human Resources teams as a training tool for on-boarding and continual education. We received countless success stories and testimonials from Field Reps who use Fishman University’s Playbook regularly to answer customer questions quicker and improve sales presentation skills.
The Fishman Playbook
After laying out the groundwork of what Fishman University would encompass, we developed Phase 1 – ‘The Fishman Playbook.’ The Playbook is a behavior-based selling tool that shifts the perspective of selling into 6 major categories:
- Motivation – a unique power statement that sets your product apart from the rest
- Efficiency – attributes of your product that bring ease, speed, or other advantages to your customer
- Safety – the features of your product that offer or encourage safety in an applicable capacity
- Environment – how your product contributes to sustainability
- Return On Investment – the way in which your product can save the customer money in the long run
- Revenue Generator – how your product can be considered an investment by the consumer
Our aim was to take the focus off of the features & benefits of a product, and shift the selling process to a manner of asking the right questions, analyzing their needs and desires, and then providing a solution by means of a valued product. Knowing the specifications of your customers’ needs will narrow your offerings to a tight selection. Now’s the time to beat the competition!
The features & benefits of your products can be viewed on any technical sales sheet. We developed The Fishman Playbook to dissect products through power statements followed by probing questions. This turns a direct presentation into a personal conversion.